NME 3.2 is now live!
Go to the Get Started page to get your copy for Windows, Mac or Linux. We have rewritten the installers for Windows and Mac since NME 3.1, so we hope that the experience is even better than before.
If you have been following the beta releases, this release includes some low-level improvements, improved handling for different orientations on iOS, as well as a few more fixes.
Here is the list of changes since NME 3.1.1:
- Android applications will install to external storage (SD card) by default.
- Improved support for special directories on all targets.
- Added built-in support for SWF assets (Flash and C++ targets).
- Created a new "display" command for improved IDE support.
- Revised and improved the NMML file specification.
- Addressed "disappearing object" issues with the software renderer.
- Added support for "template" files, overwriting the default files for each target.
- URLLoader now supports HTTP POST and SSL on C++ targets.
- Added "mobile", "web" and "desktop" defines, for simplicity.
- Tilesheet.drawTiles now includes compatibility for use in Flash.
- Joystick support added for Windows, Mac and Linux.
- Improved tessellation for primitives in the hardware renderer.
- Made it possible to add additional iOS frameworks through NMML.
- Automatically handling orientation changes on iOS now.
- Many other fixes and improvements.